The site is a tool for finding charities by name. It brings together data from a number of sources to include a record for every charity.
The data is used directly from regulatory sources. Any corrections needed to the data should be directed to the regulators themselves, using the links below.
Using the data
You can access data about any charity in json format by adding
.json to the end of the URL.
Uses data from the following sources:
- Charity Commission for England and Wales - data used under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
- data used under the Open Government Licence v2.0.
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. Contains information from the Scottish Charity Register supplied by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator and licensed under the Open Government Licence v.2.0.
- Charity Commission for Northern Ireland
The detection of duplicate charities is based on a list maintained on github. Any additional records can be submitted as comments to the github page.
A list of additional names for Northern Irish charities is also maintained on Github.
- Github icon from @edent's SuperTinyIcons
- Styles from Bulma
- Powered by Python, Bottle and Elasticsearch.
The site uses Google Analytics to help us see how much the site is used. No other cookies or personal data about site users is collected.